Virtual Workshop 1 | December 3, 2020 | 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm PST
Virtual Workshop 2 | February 11, 2021 | 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm PST
Virtual Workshop 3 | April 7, 2021 | 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm PST
Athena On Boards (AOB) Program Series is launching its fifth cohort and is open for registration. This cohort size is intimate by design and, therefore, very limited in available seats. As the voice of women in STEM, Athena prepares a deep bench of executive women ready to help companies modernize their boardroom. This Virtual Series is designed to continually fuel the talent pipeline of diverse board-ready STEM candidates.
STEM leaders can expect to join this virtual 3-Part Series over a 5-month period to:
- Inform your company board selection and placement strategies;
- Join an intimate and dedicated mentoring group - led by a seasoned female director - for accountability and boardroom plan execution;
- Access a roster of CA boardroom opportunities;
- Direct exposure to local VC firms and recruiting firms as channels to access their integral networks.
Several market forces continue to generate strong demand for women on boards in 2021:
- Goldman Sachs announced at the World Economic Forum that they will not take any company public without women on their boards;
- California public companies are now looking ahead to comply with the second leg of the law -SB 826. By the end of 2021, it calls for California-based companies to have at least two female directors on five-member boards, and at least three female directors on boards with six or more members and,
- CA Secretary of State released its March 2020 compliance report of those companies subject to SB 826. 330 of the 653 impacted companies filed a statement and 282 self-reported compliance with the law.
Register for the Athena On Boards Virtual Series as we help you access these new and unprecedented market opportunities. For any questions, contact Holly@athenasd.org.